Portering Services Assistant
Grade 2 (£16,766 - £17,079) pro rata
This post is part time and fixed term for 1 year.
Porter required for busy trading Durham University College
Collingwood College is a mixed, secular community whose aim is to promote the academic goals of Durham University and to encourage independence and respect for others within and without its community. In addition, Collingwood aims to facilitate the participation and personal development of its members in the arts, community service, and sport.
The College also sustains a substantial commercial business and is fully aware of the particular demands this places on staff and students alike.
The College strives for excellence in supporting the work of the University by:
- providing an environment in which students can study effectively and develop personally in an atmosphere of mutual respect;
- offering services and facilities of a standard high enough to attract and retain the best applicants from home and overseas;
- creating a safe and supportive working environment for all its staff;
- working with the wider community towards mutually beneficial relations between students and local residents;
- working constructively with other parts of the University to provide a first class higher education experience for all involved in it.
In support of these primary objectives and of the wider University, the College acts also as a conference centre.
What you are required to submit
- A CV;
- The Person Specification and RYPA grids contained within the Job Description, which you may copy into a separate document if preferred for completing and submission.
- A covering letter which details your experience, strengths and potential in the requirements set out above;
- Any other information required by the recruiting manager.
Closes midday on : 21-May-2019