Director of Advancement and Alumni Services, Clinical/Grateful Patient Programs and Medical Research
- Directs special projects for a department, school, unit, or program in Advancement and Alumni Engagement. Manages and helps develop the strategic planning processes and oversees progress toward achieving project goals for a specific unit.
- Develops and administers project budgets.
- Participates in the identification of funding sources, initiatives and strategies.
- Prepares communication documents for articles, reports, and/or presentations.
- Develops short and long term project goals and objectives.
- Represents and promotes projects at speaking engagements and with various constituencies.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and identifies and summarizes trends.
- Develops and prepares reports.
- Serves as a liaison with other university departments.
- May supervise staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Cover letter required for consideration
- A bachelor's degree and five years of related experience.
- Administrative, management, development and alumni relations experience, or campaign experience preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proficiency in fundraising reporting and counting.
- Strong database technology and project management skills preferred.
This position will support operations and special projects for the Clinical/Grateful Patient Programs and Medical Research group in School/Unit Advancement for Emory University Advancement and Alumni Engagement (AAE), which includes fundraising teams for Brain Health, Clinical and Hospital Programs, Discovery Programs and Partnerships, and Winship Cancer Institute.
- Manage a comprehensive prospect pipeline program, including a grateful patient referral program and collaboration with central Prospect Management and Prospect Research offices to ensure a robust prospect pipeline for fundraising teams
- Work closely with the Assistant Vice President for Clinical/Grateful Patient Programs and Medical Research on operations and stewardship projects and processes, including leadership communications and presentations and principal gift stewardship
- Oversee Clinical Programs and Medical Research budget
- Lead annual planning process for the Clinical Programs and Medical Research team
- Coordinate and review leadership briefing materials
- Coordinate hiring and onboarding processes
- Complete annual benchmarking surveys for Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and National Association of Cancer Center Development Officers (NACCDO)
- Develop comprehensive fundraising reports utilizing a donor database software
- Manage staff team meeting agendas and presentations
- May oversee stewardship projects, such as production of annual endowment reports
- Liaison with central AAE units, such as Foundation Relations, Corporate Relations, Gift Planning, Advancement Communications, and Donor Relations, ensuring successful partnership and collaboration between the school/unit teams and central AAE offices
- Supervise operational support individual(s)
In supporting School/Unit Advancement Operations, this position will report to the Senior Director of Advancement and Alumni Services.
- Expertise in process improvement and strategy/project management.
- Strong organizational skills and fluency in simultaneous project operations.
- Experience in working in a donor database and/or customer relationship management (CRM) system, including database entry and queries.
- Strong budgeting and Excel skills and ability to synthesize and understand data.
- Ability to write and edit many types of documents.
- Knowledge of Power Point presentation creation, both content and technical ease.
- Flexible and responsible approach to workplace and ability to quickly assimilate information.
- Effective management skills for overseeing direct reports and for projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong problem-solving skills, proactive approach, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in an energetic environment.