Ambulatory Care Nurse, Duke Family Medicine Clinic
Duke University Health System- Duke Family Medicine Center seeks to hire an experienced or new graduate Registered Nurse ACNI/II who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Duke Family Medicine Center is a clinic in Durham offering comprehensive family medicine services for every member of the family, including annual physicals, sports physicals, ongoing care for chronic conditions such as allergies, asthma, and diabetes, and lab services, all in one convenient location.
Services provided at this location include:
Family medicine Women's health and gynecological procedures Low-risk obstetrical care Well-child visits Annual physical exams for adults and seniors Anti-coagulation clinic Specialized care for older adults Pharmacotherapy clinic Endocrinology Visits to home-bound patients Social work services Immunizations Non-operative musculoskeletal care Behavioral health care Smoking cessation clinic Hormone affirming therapy Screening for sexually transmitted diseases/infections Vasectomies Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) therapy Sports medicine
Work Hours & Shifts:
- Full Time, Monday - Friday Days
- Position consist of 8 hour shifts
- 8:30a - 5:30p OR 7:30 - 4:30p available
- No weekends, nights, holidays
- Erwin Road, Durham NC
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- For an ACN I no previous work experience as an RN is required.
- Previous work experience for a ACN II (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Previous work in ambulatory clinic preferred but not required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.