SPICA Application Manager
Lead the implementation and testing of a research workflow management system.
- Create, develop and oversee the introduction of experimental protocols into the application.
- Assess user needs to provide application support, including evaluation of opportunities to include new experimental platforms and technologies
- Act as the focal point for communicating system problems identified in department-wide testing to the application developers Work with the application developers to address issues identified during application testing and communicate required changes, fixes, and updates Manage the release and update process of the application which includes effective end-user communication Assist in improving the application’s data management system to implement a queryable database for performing computational analysis and data mining Actively work with experimentalists at the bench to follow their experimental laboratory procedures for codifying in the application Work closely with IT personnel in identifying, evaluating, and implementing specific information technologies for optimal application performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work prefers a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, computer science, or related fields.
Two years of relevant experience. Experience working in a Linux-based environment with experience in computer programming, software development, data management, and database systems. Willingness to work in a Biosafety Level 2 environment to observe experimental procedures when needed. Experience analyzing nucleotide and amino acid sequences preferred. Familiarity with Ruby on Rails MVC Framework, Agile Development Methodologies (ie. SCRUM) and SQL is a plus.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge and skills generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree program in business, computer science,mathematics, statistics or social sciences.
Work requires knowledge of both statistical analysis and interpretation generally acquired through at least two years of relevant experience.