Center for Student Involvement, Assistant
The Graduate Assistant/ Part Time Staff for the Center for Student Involvement reports to the Coordinator for Student Involvement and facilitates student leadership, involvement, and engagement opportunities. This position provides advising and leadership development for recognized student organizations and co-advises the American University Club Council (AUCC). The position's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Co-Advise a cohort of recognized student organizations on event planning and fiscal matters
- Assist with Involvement Fairs, Club Orientation, and other trainings as needed
- Assist with Center for Student Involvement events, projects and programming as needed.
New Student Organization Management:
- Meet with students interested in starting a new student organization
- Facilitate new club presentations and follow up with Coordinator of Student Involvement
- Facilitate leadership trainings for new student organizations
American University Club Council:
- Co-Advise AUCC with Coordinator of Student Involvement
- Hold bi-weekly one-on-one’s with AUCC Club Consultants
- Attend AUCC allocation meetings
- Support AUCC with event planning/ training
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 20 hrs week
- $16.00 per hour
Required Education and Experience
- Able to begin work All American Welcome Week beginning August 19, 2019
- Bachelor's degree
- Able to work 20 hours per week
Preferred Education and Experience
- Pursuing a graduate or professional degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, etc.
- Experience with Student Organization management or leadership development
- Ability to adapt to and work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and across administrative lines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.