Lecturer, ANU College of Health and Medicine
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: AUD $98,009 - $111,365 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full time, fixed term (5 Years)
- Join a school of internationally renowned researchers making an impact in both public and private sectors
- Be involved in a new and exciting pathway to registration as a professional psychologist through teaching into the Master of Professional Psychology
ANU has an international reputation for research and education relevant to the health and well-being of the population of Australia, as well as that of the developing world. This is achieved through discovery research, applied research in health service settings, research-led teaching in health and medical sciences, and the translation of research findings into practice and policy. The ANU College of Health and Medicine comprises the Research School of Psychology, the ANU Medical School, the John Curtin School of Medical Research and the Research School of Population Health. These schools work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, working in partnership with the health sector at local, national and international levels.
The Research School of a Psychology is a centre for both psychological science and professional training with expertise in basic, translational and applied research and is in an exciting period of growth and revitalization. The School also provides exceptional research-led education in psychology including undergraduate, Honours, Master and PhD levels with professional post-graduate training in clinical psychology. The clinical program is high quality and the demand for places is strong. It also incorporates a highly-regarded Psychology Clinic which is a training, treatment and research centre offering specialised psychological services to the community.
This role is a new position created due to the expansion of our teaching program and will be involved in teaching into the new Master of Professional Psychology as well as conducting independent research. The successful candidate will have a Doctorate in Clinical or Health Psychology, a track record of independent research and an enthusiasm for teaching.
ANU is one of Australia’s premier universities and ranked amongst the best in the world. We offer a range of great employment benefits including 17% super, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, salary packaging and more.
For more information: Professor Paul Martin
T: (02) 6125 3974 or
Closing date: 16 June 2019
Position description: Academic Level.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities.
For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Please note that the selection process for this position will include giving a short seminar presentation to the School community.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Psychology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra