Associate Professor, Medical Radiography
The College of the North Atlantic - Qatar is inviting nominations and applications for the position of Associate Professor Medical Radiography, in the school of Health Science. Reporting to the Chair, the Associate Professor, Medical Radiography must be a proven leader with the skills and expertise necessary to support the school of Health Science in fully implementing the College’s mission and vision.
College of the North Atlantic - Qatar Profile:
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centred learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will assist the College in achieving its mission and vision by developing technical, academic and occupationally-aligned courses and programs, delivering quality instruction in the associated area of specialization, and supporting learning and research consistent with the principles and goals of an institute of applied sciences and technology.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of teaching and industry experience, and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Associate Professor, Medical Radiography at the College of the North Atlantic - Qatar. The Associate Professor, Medical Radiography reports to the Department Chair and is responsible to support the School of Health Sciences in the following areas:
The Associate Professor, Medical Radiography is responsible to:
- Develop course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessments to create an optimum learning environment in alignment with the School’s curriculum outcomes, evolving professional scopes of practice, and industry requirements.
- Deliver instruction to maximize student development and retention, employing a variety of teaching and development strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Contribute to faculty, course and program meetings and participate in initiatives to monitor and enhance student success.
- Fulfill the role of subject-matter-expert through various program and campus-wide activities as well as external industry and community engagements.
- Demonstrate a command of educational best practices within the discipline by aligning learning assignments within practical industry-relevant contexts.
- Maintain course portfolio documents required for accreditation purposes and engage in instructional redevelopment/improvement plans.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance and provide prompt feedback, recording grades and attendance within established deadlines.
- Learn, use and recommend educational technologies and resources to enhance learning experiences for students.
- Prepare high quality learning support materials using the College’s LMS (D2L) to engage learners.
- Maintain membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Initiate and contribute to scholarly and creative activities in support of Qatar’s research priorities.
- Provide substitution for colleagues in case of absence to ensure that there is no interruption in student learning.
- Oversee the work of Teaching Assistants to ensure laboratory equipment is appropriately prepared for instructional delivery and, appropriate supplies and instructional resources are available for lessons and demonstrations.
Education and Certification:
- Holds a relevant PhD or Doctorate from a recognized Graduate School in Health or Education and a Master’s degree in a related Health Science graduate program with a Medical Radiography Degree or Diploma from an accredited school.
- Holds professional licensure and current registration with a recognized Medical Radiography registry/body.
- Holds an unrestricted license for the state/country in which the program is located.
- 10+ years of employment experience with a combination of experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline as well experience in a supervisory/management role within the relevant discipline.
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry training environment
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
- Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects
- Preferred: Applicants who hold a current Certified IRB Professional (CIP) designation from the Council for Certification of IRB Professionals.
- A minimum of five (5) years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Arabic is preferable
- IELTS score of 7 and above
Other Required Skills:
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 7.0 and above
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal at https://careers.cna-qatar.com/en/job-search-results/.