Finance and Technology
The Financial Management Information System (FMIS) team is responsible for the monitoring and oversight of the finance system to support Massey University's core business processes. The System's Accountant has a key role within this team.
Your key accountabilities include the following:
- Systems operations
- Systems administration
- Business process improvement
- Project management
- Staff training
Essential skills/ experience/ attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in accounting or finance
- Ideally three to four years post qualification experience as a Systems Accountant
- Have worked on an integrated FMIS in a large and complex organisations with interfaces to related systems
- Technology One experience is preferable
- Improvement focussed and innovative
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including a strong ability to communicate with people who have little understanding of finance systems concepts
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work to ensure that deadlines and objectives are met
- Current CAANZ membership or an internationally recognised equivalent
Why Massey University
Massey University is an innovative leader in the academic realm - an institution that has played a defining role in New Zealand's development as a nation. We are 'Shaping the Nation', and to achieve this vision, we are embarking on a drive to further build and strengthen our internal capacity.
Massey staff have the opportunity to make a difference in the world, and we recognise the importance of being a Te Tiriti led organisation. Take a closer look at us... http://www.massey.ac.nz/
What' on offer?
This is a full-time position based in Palmerston North, the centre of the Manawatu, New Zealand, offering a wonderful, affordable lifestyle and excellent educational opportunities for all ages, from pre-school to tertiary. Relocation to Palmerston North for you and your family may be negotiated.
In Palmerston North, you will enjoy:
- easy access to the Central and Lower North Island, including Wellington
- minimal commute times throughout Palmerston North
- excellent telecommunications and data infrastructure
- a family-friendly lifestyle in a region packed with activities
In addition to a base salary, Massey also offers:
- up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
- five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
- subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan
- discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
- access to wonderful on-Campus creche /day care facilities for dependents of staff
- comprehensive professional development and training programme
- university staff study provisions.
Massey University is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity in the workplace. While applications will only be accepted from candidates who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand, we encourage applications from anyone with the right skills and experience, particularly candidates of Māori or Pacific ethnicity and/or candidates who identify with the Rainbow community.
If you have what it takes and are ready to be an influential contributor in the financial direction of the University, we want to hear from you. For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Neil Chandra FMIS Manager N.Chandra@massey.ac.nz or 04 979 3424. Otherwise, please apply now with a current CV and a cover letter.
Closing date: 22 May 2019
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz