Nurse Practitioner, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, College of Medicine
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight”. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses.
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers. The College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Health and Disease is looking for a Nurse Practitioner. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.
Job Summary/Duties: Nurse Practitioner will provide support in general cardiology and vascular diseases. Nurse Practitioner will have two independent clinics. The remainder of the time will be inpatient service, care coordination, and remote device reading. Will be scheduled to work occasional weekend and holiday shifts.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Practice clinical/Patient Care according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Intake assessment/triage/admission, including pertinent history, physical, psychosocial and cultural dimensions, is performed and documented according to policy.
- Ongoing assessment, when appropriate, is performed and documented according to policy.
- Assessment demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and identification of the patient’s needs as they relate to a development level and cultural dimensions.
- Interpretation of the patient’s condition and abnormal findings is communicated in a timely manner to the physician and all appropriate members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Participates in hospital and provider performance improvement activities
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program accredited by the appropriate agencies; Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the appropriate boards. Must be licensed in the State of Ohio. Acute Care Nurse Practitioner certification (ANCC) is preferred, as well as a background in cardiac and electrophysiology nursing
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.