Digital Learning Designer, School of Public Health, Education
The Boston University School of Public Health is looking for a Digital Learning Designer to be part of the Lifelong Learning team. This person will collaborate with faculty, subject matter experts, digital media producers and others to help design, develop and deliver pedagogically sound digital and blended learning experiences. The Designer will bring a deep understanding of research-based teaching practices and digital instructional design, to the facility to develop academic content across multiple platforms, and the ability to inspire and deliver innovative, highly engaging solutions that meet learning objectives in innovative, cost-effective ways.
- Driven by our mission to improve the health of local, national and international populations, and deeply committed to igniting positive change in the world.
- Recognized worldwide for achievements in education, research and public health activism.
- Entrepreneurial and creative spirit in our pursuit of solutions, and innovative in our education.
- Our values drive what we do, and how we do it.
- Collaborate with faculty, subject matters experts, digital media and marketing & communications to plan, design and develop innovative, interactive digital learning content. This includes developing and organizing course learning objectives, lessons and learning objects, assignments, assessments, and syllabi.
- Provide project management for the overall development and delivery of online and blended multimedia courses and other instructional design projects, coordinating project team members for each project and defining and managing scope, timeline and deliverables.
- Develop and promote an effective, research-based digital pedagogy across courses and programs; communicate a consistent set of principles and standards for digital instructional design; and provide thought leadership for innovative, leading-edge instructional experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree in instructional design, educational technology, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in designing, developing and managing online, blended or other technology-mediated instruction.
- Experience managing video production from an instructional design standpoint—working with faculty,
- videographers and video editors to produce polished, effective, and reusable video assets.
- Experience coaching faculty who are new to teaching in online and blended formats.
- Experience coaching faculty for video recordings and managing video production processes and timelines
- Experience training one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience in fostering strong ongoing relationships with multiple audiences, but especially faculty and
- Teaching staff preferred.
- Experience with web-based course management tools (such as Blackboard, Edx) and other online software and production tools. Experience using cloud-based tools including email, file storage, media creation, and collaborative editing preferred.
The mission of SPH is to improve the health of local, national and international populations, particularly the disadvantaged, under served and vulnerable, through excellence and innovation in education, research and service.
Our values drive what we do and how we do it. We are deeply committed to igniting positive change in the world. We seek to create a respectful, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive community within SPH, and to promote justice, human rights, and equity within and across our local and global communities. We are bold in our pursuit of knowledge that matters, creative in our pursuit of solutions, and innovative in our education. In all we do, it is our engagement with people, communities, and institutions in the world beyond our academic walls that leads to success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade Grade 75