Research Engineer in Computer Science
Organization Name Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
We are seeking are searcher with a keen interest in performing cutting-edge research in autonomous vehicles (AVs) in collaboration with MIT.
The project is studies multi-vehicle coordinated path and tour planning with bounded risk of collision. Several technical challenges arise from the uncertain environment in which AVs operate, such as road and weather conditions, errors in perception and sensory input data, and uncertainty in communication channel between vehicles.A robust AV control algorithm should account for different sources of uncertainty and should generate control policies that are quantifiably safe.Algorithms that respect precise safety measures can also assist policy makers to address legislative issues related to AVs, such as insurance policies and road network usage along with non-autonomous vehicles.
- Coordinates day to day operations of the assigned laboratory and the assigned laboratory staff
- Ensures work is carried out and performed to the required standards
- Supports in lab instruction, when required
- Monitors and maintains an organized, clean and safe working environment in labs and ensures compliance with work related legal,health and safety standards
- Contributes to recruitment, training, development and performance appraisal of the assigned lab staff
- Ensures stock of equipment and consumables within a pre‐set level of expenditure
- Supports in identifying and purchasing of lab equipment,following consultation with appropriate faculty and working closely with procurement/facilities management/finance departments
- Supports in budget preparation by highlighting resource requirements such as equipment, manpower and space
- Contributes to development of policies and procedures of Dept.
- Advises faculty and students on all aspects of technical support services
- Works closely with direct supervisor to provide excellent lab services to faculty, students and researchers
- Assisting in supervising undergraduate and graduate students in their projects in the labs
- M.Sc. on Computer Science,Robotics, or equivalent
- Any relevant certifications are added advantage.
- Excellent English language both spoken and written.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
- Experience with scientific computing software (Matlab, Octave).
- Strong knowledge in programming(e.g. C, C++).
- Proficiency in Linux OS and shell scripting
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?
Apply for Research Engineer in Computer Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly