Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Legal and Risk
Salary: $103,409 - $111,927 (UOM 8)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
This position plays a critical part in ensuring that the Legal and Risk team delivers high-quality, integrated, expertise-based professional services and advice to facilitate agile decision making and enable external compliance in support of the University’s operations and purchases.
The function of a lawyer is to assist with the provision of high-quality advice on legal matters. This role will have a particular focus on University Services and strive to develop, maintain and remediate where necessary, effective working relationships with Academic Divisions and Chancellery to ensure high quality and timely service delivery.
You will have:
- The relevant tertiary qualifications in the relevant discipline (law); and
- Having or being eligible to hold a full current legal practising certificate in Victoria
- Experience as a practising solicitor. Experience in IT and/or general procurement law is highly desirable
- A breadth of knowledge of legal concepts and their application to commercial environments
- Extensive experience in supporting resolution of routine legal matters
- A strong focus and demonstrated track record in delivering exceptional client service
- The ability to build, establish and maintain relationships and manage multiple stakeholders
- A proven ability to work with and manage ambiguity and make strategic decisions in the best interests of the client/organisation
- The ability to work to a high ethical standard ensuring professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
PLEASE NOTE the application close date has changed.
Advertised: 06 May 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 02 Jun 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time