Business Intelligence Developer
4 days left
- Full Time
- The position will collaboratively support the design, development and delivery of business intelligence solutions in response to University needs, using data from operational systems, files, staging areas and the data warehouse.
- North Sydney or Brisbane
- Fixed term, full time appointment (12 months)
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Office of Planning and Strategic Management (OPSM)assists the University to achieve its Mission and Vision through evidence-based decision-making and a strategic approach to planning, quality, risk and management.
The Business Intelligence (BI) was created to lead the implementation and support of an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Solution. Servicing all the university portfolios, the OPSM is positioned as a vital source of business intelligence and strategic partner in planning, quality and risk and recognised as a collaborative, agile and high-performing team, within a culture of Service Excellence.
The advertised position will collaboratively support the design, development and delivery of business intelligence solutions in response to University needs, using data from operational systems, files, staging area and data warehouse. As well as be responsible to provide technical support for the effective and continued operation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Solution.
- Design, develop, implement, document and support the University’s Business Intelligence program. Design, develop, and implement data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. Transition previously developed and legacy reports and dashboards to the Operations & Support team.
- Develop and deploy ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework.
- Contribute to recommendations and the design of the new data warehouse and ongoing extensions and improvements to its capacity for delivering effective business intelligence to the University.
- Document the ETL detailed design and test results and assist the various business system groups when necessary on ad-hoc or systemic queries for analysis for executive level staff, and senior management across various business units.
In this role you will be required to collaborate with subject matters experts and key stakeholders regarding the development, execution and maintenance of warehouse and technical activities. To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- relevant postgraduate qualifications and/or professional accreditation
- extensive expertise in the delivery of a data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
- high level technical competency: ability to script and read MS SQL for design phase, query analysis, and support for end users; advanced knowledge of Microsoft BI suite of products, including experience in designing dashboards in Power BI.
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $112,762 - $126,069 pa, including salary component $95,285 - $106,530 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 8), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Mr Lester D’Souza, National Manager, Business Intelligence on 02 9701 4447.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 27 May 2019 at 11.55pm.