Teaching Fellow in Psychology
- Fixed-term, Part time role (0.50 FTE)
- Offered for the term of PhD - Up to 6 years
- Based in Hobart or Launceston (Multiple Positions)
The School of Medicine is a large interdisciplinary school comprising Medicine, Pharmacy, Psychology and Paramedicine. The School is renowned for having world-class rankings in Medicine and Pharmacy, high quality simulation and research facilities, and for providing students and staff with international opportunities for research, education and collaboration.
Reporting to the Head of Discipline, Psychology, the Teaching Fellow in Psychology is a part-time (0.5 FTE) appointment available to people currently enrolled in a research higher degree student at the University of Tasmania. The Teaching Fellow in Psychology will have knowledge and skills to teach undergraduate lectures, tutorials, practicals, and laboratory classes. The Teaching Fellow in Psychology will also be required to partake in student consultation, marking, and general academic administrative duties.
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake duties including lecturing, laboratory instruction and demonstration, teaching as a member of the teaching team and be available for student consultation.
- Potential to build and maintain productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
- Undertake appropriate training provided by the University in consultation with supervisor in developmental areas including general approach to teaching, discipline specific approach to teaching and evaluation and improvement of teaching method.
- Undertake various academic administrative duties as and when required.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- Enrolment or evidence of progress of enrolment in a Research Higher Degree with the University of Tasmania in Psychology
- Ability to carry out administrative duties effectively.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry (where relevant) and wider community.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a proven capacity to develop strong relationships with University colleagues, to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds, and work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A and will have a total remuneration package of up to $106,479 comprising base salary within the range of $66,785 to $91,008 plus superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position please contact Juan Canales, Head of Discipline, Psychology, Juan.Canales@utas.edu.au / (03) 6226 7471.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 27 May 2019. 11:55 pm