Senior Lecturer in Cyber Security
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
Senior Lecturer in Cyber Security
School of Engineering and IT
- Academic Level C - $127,663 – $146,465 + 17% Superannuation
- Fixed Term Appointment until December 2023
- Up to AUD50,000 seed fund for research
The School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT) offers a flexible, friendly working environment that is well-resourced and delivers research-informed education as part of its accredited, globally recognised engineering and computing degrees to its undergraduate students. The School offers programs in electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, and civil engineering as well as in aviation, information technology and cyber security to graduates and professionals who will be Australia’s future technology decision makers.
The University is seeking applications from up and coming academic leaders who wish to advance their career at a GO8 University in Australia.
The following discipline areas are of interest in this recruitment process and suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply;
- Cyber Security with a focus in;
We encourage all suitably qualified candidates with proven interest and expertise in Cyber Security to apply, in particular candidates with experience in Usable Security, Offensive Security, and Reverse Engineering
Successful applicants will be expected to undertake a full complement of research and teaching activities, or engage in an active research program relevant to the teaching duties or discipline, and to contribute to the achievement of the research, teaching and service missions of the School.
Applicants from industry and professional backgrounds are welcome and should demonstrate their equivalent level of standing as demonstrated by professional experience.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a PhD in Cyber Security or equivalent
- a strong research profile
- proven alibility securing external research funding
- experience in teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels
To apply for this role:
- Follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal and sign in or register as a new user.
- Attach a copy of your Resume.
- Complete the online research proposal application form.
*You are not required to provide a response to the selection criteria listed in the position description
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
To find out more about more about this rare and exciting opportunity please contact:
Eugene Aves, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Phone: +61 2 9385 3475
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), 16th June 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please contact Eugene Aves or email firstname.lastname@example.org