Laboratory Administrator, Biomedical Engineering
Research in the Big Ideas Lab focuses on developing and testing tools and infrastructure using biomedical and health data for early detection, intervention, and prevention of disease. The Laboratory Manager plays a vital role in managing the daily operations of the lab and is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the lab are running smoothly.
This will be a full time role with duties including:
- Overseeing setup, maintenance, and use of the laboratory infrastructure, including wearable devices and mobile health applications, compute environment, databases, and supplies
- Overseeing study datamanagement, including aiding in the design and execution of data collection, backup, storage, security, and access
- Ensuring that the lab maintains compliance with regulatory bodies (e.g. IRB)
- Developing research projects and maintaining collaborations
- Co-authoring publications and grants
- Presenting results at scientific conferences
- Training of undergraduate research assistants
- Aiding in organizing community-building events, including weekly lab meetings
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Family Level 10
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of biological laboratory exercises, techniques and procedures generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program in biology, botany, zoology or a directly related field.
Work requires 1 years of laboratory experience to acquire skills necessary to develop and implement biological laboratory exercises, supervise and instruct teaching assistants, students and lab personnel and manage overall operations of the laboratory.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE