Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Job Classification: IT Business Analyst 3
Job Family: Information Technology Services
Job Series: IT Business Analyst
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Job Code: 4773
Job Grade: K
Please note: This position is located the new Stanford Redwood City campus.
As part of the Office of Development (OOD) and Stanford Alumni Association’s (SAA) Business Technology Services team, the Senior Business Analyst will play a key role on the ADAPT Program (Alumni and Development Applications Platform Transition).
The Senior Business Analyst bridges business needs with technical solutions to address business challenges; serves as an authority on core Business applications and facilitates requirements and design activities on larger initiatives; understands business unit workflows and applies technology solutions in support of those workflows; provides support for application enhancements, application integrations, Quality Assurance, production support and change control processes.
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of the continuous improvement effort of ADAPT processes; they will work with Business Process Owners, business, and technical staff to gather needs and will apply their strong systems analysis and business analysis experience to analyze and build out requirements, identify gaps and drive organizational change.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead the elicitation and gathering of business and system requirements.
- Analyze, design and implement complex management information systems.
- Lead efforts to ensure that information systems support the organizational mission and objectives and coordinate the process of defining, investigating and solving problems related to business systems and special projects.
- Manage, from a client business perspective, the requirements for related systems projects; ensure a high level of client satisfaction by monitoring the delivery of ongoing information systems to the organization.
- Lead and coordinate projects to assist business owners in evaluating the potential for automating existing or proposed work functions or processes and assess the feasibility of creating or modifying systems to meet user requirements.
- Analyze new business requirements, system functionality, current system use and user needs; specify functional designs and work with developers and analysts to implement.
- Develop system design for new or revised business systems; document and analyze input/output requirements, procedural flow between departments, operational audits and organizational structures.
- May plan, direct, coordinate, monitor and review the work of others during all phases of the project team's work and coordinate the planning, development and presentation of training for users of business systems.
- Manage external vendor or partner relationships.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in the role you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Extensive experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Requires knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Project management skills as needed.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies strongly desired.
- Proven ability in writing business requirements documents, process flows (swim lanes) for current state and future state strongly desired.
- Proven ability in writing user stories and acceptance criteria under Agile methodology strongly desired.
- Proven ability in writing test cases and test scenarios strongly desired.
- Proven ability to build relationships to achieve results in a consensus driven environment strongly desired.
- Solid negotiation, persuasion, and facilitation skills strongly desired.
- Solid experience with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio) strongly desired.
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC) and/or Oracle desired.
- Experience with running SQLs and data queries on relational databases (Oracle) desired.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing practices desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of University operations, administration and community desired.
- Experience with University Advancement systems desired.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You
- Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4773
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 82978