Academic Department Admin
- Works closely with department chair to plan meetings and coordinate academic events
- Keeps detailed faculty and staff employment records
- Coordinates logistics of faculty hiring, reappointment, and tenure & promotion reviews
- Oversees departmental web presence
- Manages the operations, personnel and fiscal activities for an academic department or business unit.
- Identifies and leads efforts to address specific operational issues.
- Develops recommendations and action plans towards their resolution.
- Determines and recommends options for addressing budget issues.
- Assists in preparing contract budgets, grant applications, proposals, status reports and/or financial statements.
- Plans and prepares projections for management of unit operations and associated costs.
- Researches and investigates employee issues/concerns.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to recommend an appropriate course of action.
- Responds to inquiries and/or complaints from faculty, staff, students, parents, outside agencies and/or the public which require interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Projects and develops plans for addressing staffing requirements.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates regular staff and student employees.
- Prioritizes work assignments and special projects.
- May conduct research and develop proposals for new programs and services.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a field related to the department's area of specialty and two years of office administration experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience with various personal computer software applications.