Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy
Department: Pharmacy Practice and Science (1905)
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
The University of Arizona, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Science seeks a dynamic individual for a 1.0 FTE Assistant Professor career-track position at the Tucson campus in any area of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research (e.g., economics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, large database research, disease modeling). The expectation is that the successful applicant will establish an independent and extramurally supported research program. Teaching responsibilities will include coordination and instruction of courses in the professional and graduate programs. The position will support the Profession, the College of Pharmacy, and the Department through service to committees and professional organizations. Candidates who share our commitment to innovative teaching and practice, exceptional research, and leadership are encouraged to apply.
The University of Arizona, College of Pharmacy is the premier pharmacy college in the Southwest, and one of the top in the nation, focused on drug discovery, toxicology, outcomes sciences, pharmaceutical education and research through inter-professional training and collaborative public/private partnerships. Preparing pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists in undergraduate, professional, graduate and post-doctoral programs the college embraces an entrepreneurial spirit, providing tailored educational opportunities to prepare well-trained pharmacists and scientists. As the first health sciences college at the University, the college has a long history of improving science and health both in Arizona and around the world. For more information, please visit www.pharmacy.arizona.edu.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To have a extramurally-funded research program.
- To provide instruction and service to both professional and graduate programs.
- Various other duties or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability and dedication to develop an extramurally-funded research program.
- Have a commitment to excellence in teaching (didactic and experiential) and training of students, residents, fellows, pharmacists and other health professionals.
- PhD in pharmaceutical and/or health outcomes or a related discipline such as health services.
- Background in pharmaceutical outcomes research, with preference given to those individuals with a focus in-patient reported outcomes research.
- Relevant post-doctoral experience.
Rank: Assistant Professor
Tenure Information: Career-Track (NTE)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: $100,000-$110,000
Job Category: Faculty
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)