Project Assistant, Career Management Center
The Career Management Center is currently recruiting to fill a Project Assistant position. The Project Assistant for MBA Career Services is an integral position within the Career Management Center (CMC) team. S/he works closely with the departments’ leadership to realize their respective goals. In this capacity, s/he provides important event planning, project support, and other assistance in delivering a comprehensive program of workshops, counseling, recruiting, and other services that prepare Daytime MBA students succeed in the job market.
S/he is regularly required to resolve diverse and advanced problems independently, to manage complex logistics for a variety of stakeholders, and to effectively complete assigned projects. The MBA Project Assistant reports to the Director of Daytime MBA Career Services and s/he works closely with the whole CMC team.
- Involved directly and indirectly in most functions of the CMC’s MBA Student and Alumni Services team, where projects will be delegated to incumbent. Depending upon the nature, scope, and timeline of these projects, s/he will work with varying degrees of independence – from complete autonomy in many situations to collaborative teamwork in others.
- Provides project assistance to support the CMC’s short- and long-term strategic direction, particularly as it relates to career services provided to Daytime MBA students.
- Manages scheduling, event marketing, communications, student sign-up, logistics, and other functions associated with third party services, such as outside speakers.
- Manages scheduling, event marketing, communications, student sign-up, logistics, and other functions associated with workshops and special career development events sponsored by the CMC. Track event expenses and review against allocated amounts.
- Plans, organizes, and communicates core CMC services offered to Daytime MBA students, such as Fox Center hours, CMC walk-in hours, individual appointments and other offerings.
- Tracks student progress toward completion of CMC requirements for the Daytime MBA programs.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge about MBA students and their career needs and interests. Stays current on recruiting practices, job market trends, and student interests through a variety of channels, to effectively reflect that understanding in carrying out projects and responsibilities.
- Upon request, assumes responsibility for special projects that are directly or indirectly related to core responsibilities.
- Provides coverage of CMC Information Desk at regularly scheduled times and at request of Assistant Director of Operations when additional coverage is needed.
Measures of Success
- Overall effectiveness and efficiency of assigned projects and responsibilities with
- Feedback from surveys, including program-wide, departmental, or activity-specific
- Recruiter feedback on student preparation levels and skills in the job search
- Alignment with Duke core values of learning, diversity, respect, teamwork, and trustworthiness in all interactions and with all internal and external stakeholders
- Annual performance review
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated time management and judgment
- Ability to plan, manage, and coordinate activities and events of varying size, scope, and complexity
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and proficiency in business communication to effectively represent the school
- Ability to deliver excellent service to internal and external clients
- Sharp stakeholder focus (in this case, the MBA students and the employers who hire them)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities according to importance and urgency, often requiring flexibility to adapt to changes driven by either staff or student needs
- Proficiency in MS Office suite programs, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint; capacity to learn and apply CMC-specific technologies
- Three or more years of administrative/project experience
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.