Clinical Pharmacist, Outpatient Infusion Pharmacy, Non-oncology
MORRIS INFUSION PHARMACY
Provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients of the Duke University Hospital non-oncology infusion clinic including, but not limited to oversight, order verification, monitoring, preparation, dispensing, documentation of patient medication therapy, and drug information services.
Some key job functions include:
- Verification of infusion orders prior to preparation and patient administration
- Preparation, labeling and dispensing of unit dose medications for patients in accordance with provider orders
- Management and coordination of compounding and dispensing of sterile preparations by the pharmacy technician staff
- Oversee hospital-based clinic automated dispensing cabinet replenishment, as well as clinic medication floor-stock program
- Maintenance of appropriate controlled drug records and inventory control
- Serve as a key drug information resource for nurses and providers
- Ability to work with information systems, automated and technical equipment to assist in dose preparation and distribution
- Contributes to pharmacy student and resident education
- Works with peers to achieve division and departmental goals
- Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth
- Maintains familiarity with all departmental programs and works as integral part of the pharmacy team.
Job Code 5079 CLINICAL PHARMACIST
Requisition Number 401591311
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level I2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree OR BS Pharmacy Degree
With a BS Pharmacy degree, two years of pharmacy practice experience, or acceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited residency program and demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment is required. With Doctor of Pharmacy degree, no experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Licensed Pharmacist or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina
Auto req ID