Adult Learning Manager
Adult Learning Manager
Location: Wembley, London
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
The London School of Science and Technology is an independent higher education provider with 2000+ students across campuses in London, Luton and Birmingham.
Over the last 15 years, LSST has been offering courses from Level 3 to Level 7 in Business, Computing, Health & Social Care and Hospitality Management and recently embarked on delivering adult learning programmes, at Levels 1, 2, and 3. It is in this Further Education area, that this post will be placed.
You will promote and manage the service to individuals and employers, developing strategies and monitoring programmes to ensure that the Adult learners enjoy a consistently good experience and the demand for our courses and services will continue to grow
You will explore new areas for development, forging contacts, pursuing leads and advising management in contract negotiation, working in partnership with a wide variety of stakeholders, optimising funding opportunities and seeking potential funding from sources i.e. the ESFA, also seeking ways to improve the revenue from these sources. The postholder must be aware of current potential funding.
It is essential that you are experienced in, and are coming from, a background in which you have monitored performance in an adult learning delivery setting.
In a nutshell, the successful candidate will have considerable knowledge of the Adult learning sector, funding opportunities, qualification frameworks, monitoring/ evaluation and the ability to interpret monitoring data determining service needs. Driving excellence in teaching, learning and assessment, they will understand the complexities of Ofsted inspections, funding audits and End Point Assessment Arrangements.
About the role
The postholder will directly report to senior management , leading a team to ensure the smooth running of the adult learning programmes at all sites and delivery locations.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of quality systems relating to OFSTED
- Create reports analysing OFSTED regulations in relation to LSST making informed decisions on improvement
- Advise and implement policies and procedures which are OFSTED compliant
- Act as key contact for all matters related to OFSTED
- Develop and implement a quality strategy, including SARs and QIPs
- Ensure that observations of teaching, learning and assessment are being undertaken with action plans in place when necessary
- Lead the recruitment programme to build learner numbers
- Recruit appropriately experienced teachers to deliver the programme
- Coordinate the overall admissions process
- Ensure an excellent standard of delivery to maximise learners experience through a high level of teaching.
- Provide effective team leadership and management.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with key business stakeholders, including lead providers, ESFA and Ofsted
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Teaching, Assessment Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of adult learning within further education.
- Experience of preparing/leading as a nominee in an OFSTED inspection.
- Experience of delivering qualification at levels 1, 2, and 3.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and internal/external stakeholders.