Established in 1865, The George Washington University Law School is the oldest law school in Washington, DC. GW Law offers several degree programs including, but not limited to, the Juris Doctor, Master of Laws, Doctor of Juridical Science, and Joint Degree Programs. The school is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a charter member of the Association of American Law Schools. An important unit servicing the School is the Jacob Burns Legal Clinics, which provides community legal services in many areas of the law including, but not limited to immigration, human rights, family, etc. This department has an opening for a full-time Office Assistant, which will perform a variety of administrative support functions for the faculty and office as a whole.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, this position will assist assigned clinical faculty with administrative duties (faxing, typing, filing, shipping to FedEx/UPS/USPS, scheduling appointments, telephone inquiries, making reservations, ordering course materials, renewing subscriptions, etc.), in addition to assisting at the front desk reception to include answering incoming calls; ordering office supplies; picks up, opens, processes, and distributes mail; and assists in other general office-related tasks.
In addition, the Office Assistant is responsible for:
- Making travel arrangements and preparing reimbursement requests as requested, and may assist with programming of events to include reservation of and set-up of rooms, scheduling catering, etc.
- Performs data entry, creates spreadsheets and/or reports, and assists with minor IT troubleshooting.
- Maintains and organizes department files with responsibility for periodic retirement and/or disposal of obsolete materials.
- Assists with the student registration process, and serves as the administrative point of contact with students.
- Solves routine administrative or procedural problems with other departments, and coordinates the maintenance of office equipment to include copiers, fax machines, phones, etc.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.