Assistant Director/Career Consultant, Career and Professional Development Center
Assistant Director/Career Consultant - Career and Professional Development Center-2012356
The Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) is Carnegie Mellon University’s centralized career services center providing a comprehensive range of services, programs and materials focusing on career exploration and decision-making, professional development, experiential learning and employment assistance to meet today’s evolving and growing workplace and student goals of finding satisfying work.
Are you someone who is passionate about making a positive impact? Our CPDC department is seeking an Assistant Director/Career Consultant to work with students and alumni within the College of Fine Arts. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated top performer with higher education and/or industry experience.
The incumbent will focus on career development initiatives for individuals from the Schools of Architecture, Design and Art. Students in the associated majors are highly creative and will seek specialized advice on areas such as creating portfolios, developing non-traditional resumes and exploring creative career paths.
The connected culture between the CPDC and the College of Fine Arts allows you the opportunity to be mobile, meeting the students where they spend their time, and to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating career exploration and professional development,
- Preparing for internship and job searches,
- Career planning needs post-graduation,
- Building and facilitating relevant events,
- Developing relationships with employer partners, and
- Tracking and measuring student career-related outcomes.
You will demonstrate a proven ability to:
- Build and grow relationships, not only with students but also with department heads, academic advisors, faculty and employers,
- Understand cultural sensitivity to effectively work with a robust international student population, and
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within CPDC. Inclusion and collaboration are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Master’s preferred
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience required; higher-education or recruitment/talent acquisition experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Handshake, Symplicity or other similar recruiting software programs and applicant tracking systems preferred
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Department URL: https://www.cmu.edu/career/
Job Function: Administration / Management
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Organization: DEAN OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
Minimum Education Level: None Specified
Budgeted Base Pay: negotiable