Hospitality Online Instructor Pool for Academic Year 19/20
Appointment Type Academic Teaching/Research Faculty
Job Location Bend
Position Appointment Percent Varies
Appointment Basis 9
Faculty Status Regular
Tenure Status Fixed-Term
Pay Method Salary
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
OSU-Cascades in Bend, Oregon invites applications for one or more fixed-term, non-tenure-track part-time Online Instructor positions to develop content and teach on a term by term basis for the 2019-2020 academic year in the Hospitality Management program. The intention of this pool is to collect applications for current or future opportunities and does not necessarily imply a position is available at this time. Some of these appointments may be reviewed for renewal or transition to an instructional position on an annual basis at the discretion of the Dean.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop content/course curriculum and provide online instruction for course(s) that foster critical thinking, advance student’s knowledge and skills through the teaching of various discipline/courses. The incumbent(s) are expected to provide an intellectual foundation for students concerning the discipline.
Individuals applying to this pool are expected to develop and prepare course content, and instruct the course(s) for which their content has been created and developed in a future term. Online Instructors may be needed to teach on campus undergraduate courses in the following area(s): Hospitality Management. If hired into a term appointment, the anticipated start date(s) are September 16, 2019, December 16, 2019 or March 16, 2020.
OSU-Cascades, located in Bend, Ore., is a branch campus of Oregon State University. Established in 2001, the university currently enrolls more than 1,100 students in bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. The campus expanded to a four-year university in 2015, and opened its new campus in 2016. The branch campus has ambitious enrollment goals to reach 3,000 to 5,000 students by 2025. OSU-Cascades is engaged in building a culturally diverse and community-centric educational environment.
- Administer and teach online course(s) term-by-term in the following discipline: Hospitality Management
- Complete course assessment processes and continuously improve teaching effectiveness.
50% Course Development
- Curriculum development, aimed at improving lectures, studio sessions and recitations. Participate in curriculum development and assessment, as well as personal professional development.
- Master’s degree in one of the fields listed (or a related field) is a requirement: Hospitality Management, Business.
- Previous online teaching or training experience in a college or university
- Experience developing instructional materials for online or hybrid courses.
- Demonstrable knowledge of online pedagogy and current trends in online education.
- Previous research or teaching experience in at least one of the following areas: Service Management, Online Marketing, Advanced Restaurant Management, Hospitality Investment and Vacation Property Management.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications
- PhD or terminal degree in one of the fields listed (or a related field): Hospitality Management or Business
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective strategies for working with diverse faculty, staff and students.
- Previous professional experience in the Hospitality industry, outside of academia.
- Published books, articles or columns within area of expertise.
- Work schedule may vary depending upon student needs and engagement in campus and/or program activities.
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
This position requires a clear and unambiguous commitment to compliance of all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations for Division I (FBS) universities.