Behavioral Medicine Therapist, Student Health Services
Boston Universitys Behavioral Medicine clinic is seeking a licensed clinician to join our dynamic, multi-disciplinary team. We seeking a clinician to fill a 40-hour, 12-month position. Our clinicians provide psychological assessment and brief psychological treatment/management to our undergraduate and graduate students dealing with psychological issues. Care of students often involves coordination with Student Health Services-based primary care clinicians, as well as with clinicians based outside of the University. Collateral work includes outreach to the Boston University community, as well as consultation to professors, family, and university offices, to assist in care for the individual student. This position includes rotated on call responsibilities.
Requires:.Masters in Social Work, Counseling/Clinical Psychology, or related mental health field. Must be licensed or license eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Strongly preferred qualities of the candidate include:
- Experience in college mental health, crisis assessment, brief intervention, confidentiality requirements, and referral
- Minimum of three years post-graduate degree work experience in a mental health setting (college mental health preferred)
- Administrative and technological skills required to effectively document in an Electronic Health Record
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team setting
- Demonstrated skill in working well under pressure to prioritize and manage multiple clinical situations and to coordinate these efforts as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated awareness, knowledge, and skills to interact effectively with persons representing a wide range of diverse backgrounds, namely socio-economic, students of color, LGBTQ, and international students
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a commitment to high professional ideals
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade Grade 75