Financial Analyst II, Finance
Support the PDC Finance Manager with the preparation of ad hoc analyses related to special projects, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information.
- Assist in the execution of special projects / analyses related to the conversion to a not-for-profit entity # Variable modeling of PDC retirement expense and employment tax expense # Fair market value study of physician compensation to pass muster with IRS for non- profit entities (ongoing) # Analysis and identification of non-clinical costs included in Departmental budgets and actual results # Prepare written reports and presentations for PDC management on results of special projects and analyses
- Lead PDC space management financial responsibilities and serve as point person with University and Health System # Maintain liaison with Department business managers regarding use of space, both internal DU/DUHS space as well as third-party leased space, and ensure changes are communicated and accurately executed # Perform analysis over potential new leases (cost per square foot, future cash flows, comparison with existing leases, etc.)
- Run monthly PDC cost allocation process # Run analyses relatedto multi-clinic cost centers for use in cost allocation # Work with PDC general ledger and budget analysts to ensure cost allocation methods for newly created cost centers are appropriate and consistent # Generate adjusting journal entries for cost allocation to be recorded by general ledger analysts aspart of month-end close process # Perform monthly horizontal, vertical, and other relevant analyses over allocated costs by department and division and work to resolve variances from both budget and historical trends/results
- Monitor and report on revenue contract activity # Perform monthly analysis on contract revenue and investigate variances with budget # Reconcile the monthly transfer of receipts related to certain revenue contracts to ensure accuracy and completeness # Perform periodic analysis of profitability of subsidy contract agreements and communicate results with PDC management through written reports and/or presentations to aid in decision making regarding future contracts
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Public Accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
Minimum four years experience (or equal time spent in masters program). 2 years minimum experience in health care industry specific to physician practices
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Job Code 5042 FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Requisition Number 401589257
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Work requires four years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment.
Auto req ID