Medical Licensed Practical Nurse
Provide clinical care while supporting staff and patients for the Division of endocrinology in a busy and fast-paced outpatient setting. Responsible for overseeing in a wide variety of duties in a Health System medical practice to ensure the office runs smoothly.
- Perform intake of patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Administers medication to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
- Patient Education
- Administrative office duties including scheduling of procedures, communicating with patients via phone and Epic MyChart
- Setup for therapeutic injections for provider. Prepare and set up medical supplies for diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy procedures.
- Stock and maintain inventory of patient care supplies and linen
- Clean and Stock Rooms, clean and dress stretchers, clean wall suction daily
- Assist physician and nursing personnel during endoscopic procedures to include handling instruments and equipment, calling out equipment readings, handling specimens while maintaining infection control standards.
- Manually clean endoscopes and then perform the proper process to complete high level disinfection of these scopes.
- Assist with transporting patients into procedure rooms and into recovery after the procedure. Obtain family members from the waiting room once patient arrives to recovery.
- Float in practice to other specialties to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, charge nurse or others as delegated by clinic leadership.
- Participates in performance improvement projects
- Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations
- Other duties as delegated by health center administrator, nurse manager, provider, charge nurse or other as delegated
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with computerized charting systems, Epic Preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinical staff/providers
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program
- One year experience as an LPN strongly preferred
- Previous experience in Gastroenterology, Ambulatory Specialty Care, Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Department setting preferred
- Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure required. BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to push/pull 20 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Family Level C2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program and successful completion of an approved Pharmacology program.
No experience required.