Assistant Director, Enterprise Applications Management, Computing Service
Assistant Director, Enterprise Applications Management - Computing Services-2012301
Are you a technology leader passionate about transforming the way a university functions with technology? Do you love solving real business problems by applying technology that makes life simpler and more productive for our colleagues? If so, we want you to join our Enterprise Application team as the Assistant Director (AD) of the Enterprise Application Management team.
What you’ll be doing
As Assistant Director of Enterprise Application Management, managing a team that provides maintenance, monitoring, and technical support for business partners across campus. We provide scalable application support through:
- Application maintenance: including ongoing system, operation, business, and cost evaluations
- Application monitoring: including infrastructure, integration, security, and quality management
- Application support: including work effort analysis, data recovery plans, and business continuity support
This high-quality application management improves business operations, and benefits our partners in the following ways:
- Frees up business partners so they can focus their efforts on their core business(es)
- Reduces costs by establishing scalable and predictable budget plans to support ongoing business demands
- Builds teamwork opportunities on disaster recovery plans for applications
- Eliminates single points of failure (SPOF) in technical knowledge and day-to-day operations
- Foster positive relationships across campus to help shrink technical debt, and right-sizes technical resources
- Promotes operational excellence by defining professional Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and establishing application roadmaps.
In this role, you will lead a technical team which provides management of applications in order to follow standard methodologies, normalize configurations, increase security and minimize risk. You will work with leadership within Enterprise Applications and Computing Services to advise on technology directions, strategic operations and portfolio planning.
Using your strong interpersonal skills, you will handle Customer Management, and relationship building to facilitate the service management and operational responsibilities of the organization including the following:
- Educate and collaborate with business partners on the Application Management and related services
- Appropriately assess applications for appropriate service levels and resource needs
- Establish methods and life cycles of collecting ongoing customer feedback – some efforts could include informational interviews, focus groups, surveys, and Service Operation & Support meetings
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Operational Level Agreements (OLA); Ensure performance on established Service Level Objectives (SLO)
- Develop appropriate customer cost models
- Collaborate with partners, staff, customers and leadership to develop service roadmaps
- Collaborate with staff to establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Integrate 24/7 on-call and back-up support procedures for all EA products
- Identifying and developing cross-training opportunities to better support services and applications
- Ensure representatives are properly trained when existing products are upgraded and new products are released
What you have accomplished
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 8 years of significant professional experience
- Experience in a large, complex, distributed organization
- Developed strong leadership and team management skills
- Experience with program management, IT project management, management and team leadership experience
- Proven focus on understanding and improving the business partner experience
- Handled complex budgets and supported the allocation of new resources within an existing team
- In Computing Services, we enable, improve and advance an Information Technology environment that supports the research and education missions and the associated administrative functions of the University.
- Carnegie Mellon University is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- We believe our benefits comprise of three driving priorities: Choice, Control, and Well-being. Learn more at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Come join an institution that inspires innovations that change the world.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Organization: ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS (COMP SVCS)
Minimum Education Level: Master's Degree or equivalent
Budgeted Base Pay: Negotiable