Senior Administrative Assistant
The Senior Administrative Assistant will support the Chair of Surgery and the Surgeon in Chief. A successful applicant will have strong organizational skills and the ability to create a working relationship with other executive administrative assistants across the organization and among Emory Healthcare. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also desirable.
- With minimal supervision, provides administrative support for a Chair or Assistant Dean of an academic or basic research unit or for an Assistant Vice President or Assistant Vice Provost (and above).
- Oversees office operations and ensures office activities comply with policies and procedures.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of budgets, grant applications, proposals, status reports and financial statements.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets. Initiates, processes and maintains records and invoices.
- Keeps manager informed of account status, authorizes expenditures and identifies cost effective alternatives.
- Maintains calendar, prepares daily schedule and prioritizes meeting requests for manager(s).
- Ensures manager is appropriately prepared for daily activities.
- Coordinates, attends, prepares materials for and/or takes minutes at meetings and special events.
- Prepares charts and graphs for reports and presentations.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to manager or others.
- Screens items that can be routinely handled and prepares appropriate responses.
- Based on a knowledge of the manager's views, composes, edits and types correspondence, reports and manuscripts under minimal guidance.
- May take dictation or transcribe from a machine.
- Maintains various databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Sets up and organizes filing systems.
- Answers, screens and routes incoming telephone calls.
- May supervise or direct the work of other administrative clerical/secretarial employees.
- Oversees ordering and maintenance of office supplies and forms.
- May coordinate domestic or foreign travel arrangements.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and six years of secretarial or administrative support experience, OR a bachelor's degree and one year of administrative support experience.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications.