Assistant Professor of Practice, Cyber Operations
Department: University of Arizona South (2910)
Location: UA South
The University of Arizona South is a branch campus of the University of Arizona, a National Security Agency designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO), and a founding member of the Department of Defense’s Service member Opportunity College – Degree Network System (SOC-DNS) Cybersecurity program. UA South is seeking an Assistant Professor of Practice who will teach undergraduate courses in Cyber Operations. The teaching areas of Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Offensive Cyber Operations, Active Cyber Defense, Incident Response, Cyber Threat Intelligence, and Cyber Forensics are especially desirable.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a workload typical for NTE faculty at UA South defined as 80% related to teaching and 20% related to service.
- Teach undergraduate courses at multiple sites using a variety of formats including face-to-face, online, and interactive video/TV platforms.
- Teaching responsibilities include traditional course delivery, seminars, independent studies, creation and revision of course content for UA, as well as supporting the NSA CAE-CO academic requirements once the program is formally designated.
- Undergraduate research responsibilities include: student mentoring; assisting in undergraduate student research proposal development, review, and submissions; and facilitating student presentations, speaking events, and publishing opportunities (as appropriate).
- Contribute to the service responsibilities of UA South and the University of Arizona in part through participation on committees and student mentoring, including those students from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Contribute to UA South and University of Arizona’s development through appropriate outreach to local communities (including governmental units, businesses, nonprofits organizations, and community residents).
• Assist in the development of innovative approaches to enhancing student engagements, increasing diversity, and expanding collaborations with community and business partners.
- Master’s degree in Cyber Operations, Cybersecurity, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Specific and demonstrable experienced in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundamental Security Principles and Vulnerabilities
- Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO)
- Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO)
- Willingness to teach in an Offensive/Defensive Cyber Operations program that supports both civilian and U.S. government learning objectives
- Ph.D./D.Sc. in Cyber Operations, Cybersecurity, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred but not required.
- GPEN, GCIH, GWAPT, GXPN, OSCP, OSCE, OSWP, OSWE, GPPA, GMON, or CEH certifications are preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated prior online teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Specific and demonstrable experience in designing and administering undergraduate research projects.
- A U.S. Secret or Top Secret clearance is a preferred but not required.
Rank: Assistant Professor
Tenure Information: Career-Track (NTE)
FTE : 1.0
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: DOE
Job Category: Faculty
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)