Adjunct Lecturer, School of Landscape Architecture, Planning
Department: Sch of Landscape Architecture (1005)
Location: Main Campus
The School of Landscape Architecture and Planning invites applicants for the position of Adjunct Lecturer in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Real Estate Development, or Sustainable Built Environments. We are seeking qualified candidates who are able to work with a diverse population of students and colleagues, and individuals who have experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
This opportunity is available for one or more semesters: Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and/or Summer 2020. Benefits eligibility will be dependent on the corresponding duration of employment and FTE under which you are hired. Below is the criteria that will be used to determine benefit eligibility:
- Not Benefits Eligible: An individual that is hired to work at an FTE of 0.49 or less, and/or for a period of less than 90 days.
- Limited Benefits Eligible: An individual that is hired to work at a 0.50 FTE or greater, for a period of at least 90 days, but less than six months.
- Full Benefits Eligible: An individual that is hired to work at a 0.50 FTE or greater, for a period of six months or greater.
- The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach one to two courses per semester.
- Syllabi and assignment preparation.
- Deliver classroom lectures and instructional activities.
- Create, grade, and critique student assignments.
- Keep regular office hours.
- Exam preparation and grading.
- Evaluate overall student performance in the course.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Terminal degree in the appropriate or related field.
- Successful college or university teaching experience.
- Able to work with diverse students and colleagues.
- Experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
Tenure Information: Career-Track (NTE)
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week TBD
Posted Rate of Pay: DOE
Job Category: Faculty
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)