This Part-time position is under minimal supervision, works as member of a team to provide support to the Nurse Family Partnership of Central Alabama by inputting data, calling client referrals, scheduling client appointments, organizing files and program support materials, organize and participate in community outreach activities, and other duties as required or assigned.
- Collaborates with agency director and administrator to order supplies, use Oracle to process monthly payments and reimbursements, arrange travel, and seek approval for travel.
- Coordinates data management to ensure all client referrals are logged into the data management system and called and scheduled in a timely manner.
- Assures Nurse Family Partnership of Central Alabama compliance with all UAB regulations, including HIPAA and privacy issues.
- Performs other related duties as directed to support the mission of the Nurse Family Partnership of Central Alabama.
- Acts in a caring and courteous manner toward all users/visitors in the following ways: uses positive interpersonal skills to alleviate concerns and frustrations of clients, other staff, and faculty; provides assistance in a timely manner, references appropriate procedures in a calm and courteous way; acts always in a professional and confidential manner with respect to all information and records.
- Ethical conduct is a fundamental expectation for every UAB community member. All employees must abide by the standards of behavior outlined in the UAB Enterprise Code of Conduct. Upon hire new employees are required to attest to the Code by completing the online training that is assigned to them. Behaviors inconsistent with the Code may result in appropriate consequences.
- Performs other related duties as directed to support the missions of the School of Nursing.
(Hourly Rate: $18.37 - $28.85)
Bachelor's degree in a related field and one (1) year of related experience required. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
This Part-time position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Social Work, Nursing, Public Health or closely related field and two (2) years of experience in activities related to program content and program administration or an equivalent combination or relevant education and/or experience. Must be computer literate, experience with MS Office Suite desired. This position requires that the individual have good organizational and time management skills, be conscientious, self-directed and efficient in accomplishing the stated tasks and responsibilities. Additionally, this individual must be capable of working with a diverse population of indigent patients, and should have appropriate interpersonal and writing skills to communicate effectively with the patients, team members, pharmaceutical company representatives, and other parties internal or external to UAB. To be successful in this position an individual should possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills along be a collaborative team member. All work performed must be in accordance with SON and UAB policies and procedures and UAB Enterprise Code of Conduct.