Senior Lecturer in Tectonic/Geodynamics
Department of Earth Sciences
Salary: £52,266 to £60,223 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Saturday 15 June 2019
Interview Date: See advert
Full-time, fixed-term (2 years)
Applications are invited for the post of Senior Lecturer in the Department of Earth Sciences, Royal Holloway University of London, to commence no later than 1 September 2019.
Royal Holloway Earth Sciences is ranked in the top ten of UK geoscience departments for both research and student experience. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding geoscientist with PhD qualification and demonstrated experience of teaching and field training who will contribute to research, teaching and administration in the Earth Sciences department.
The Department is inviting applicants with strong record in teaching Tectonics & Geodynamics topics in class-, lab-, and field-based courses and project supervision at undergraduate & postgraduate level.
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver and develop high-quality and effective classroom, on-line and field-based teaching at undergraduate and MSc level.
- Will generate REF 4* research output, impactful research and contribute to our knowledge exchange activities.
- Provide academic leadership in their field of expertise and contribute to the future development of research strategy, collaborative research projects and academic administration.
This is a fixed-term post for a 2 year period and the successful candidate should be in post on 1 September 2019 ready for teaching in the 2019/20 academic year.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Prof. Jürgen Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone +44 (0)1784 443582.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: email@example.com.
Please quote the reference: 0419-170
Closing Date: Midnight, 15 June 2019
Interview Date: 15 July – 18 July 2019