Associate Director, SEAS Alumni Relations
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) is seeking an Associate Director of Alumni Relations to support the George Washington University School of Engineering and Applied Science Development team. DAR is responsible for leading the university’s alumni and fundraising efforts and seeks to promote a culture of philanthropy throughout the university community, including alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, corporations and foundations, patients and other friends. Our goal is to advance GWU’s mission of excellence in education, research, scholarship, and patient care.
This experienced position devises strategies and develops opportunities to build and maintain relationships with alumni, to strengthen alumni engagement, and to deepen their affinity to GW and its programs. This position executes alumni communications and marketing plans, recruits, trains, manages and stewards alumni volunteers, executes alumni programs and events as appropriate, and partners with school representatives for alumni efforts. This role works with students, faculty and staff in the implementation and development of alumni programs, and partners with other departments to engage alumni for prospect identification, discovery and to maximize constituent participation in GW’s fundraising efforts.
- Develops and manages alumni programs and events to highlight the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) dean, faculty, and departments and to facilitate SEAS alumni engagement with their school. Attends alumni, parent, and student events as appropriate, to foster greater awareness of and participation in SEAS and GW alumni activities. Executes marketing plan for SEAS-related alumni programming, including print, email and web marketing, and social media. In coordination with the SEAS development office, engages alumni at programs and events for prospect identification. Works in conjunction with SEAS Communications, SEAS Development and other stakeholders on school-wide communications for alumni, parents, students, and donors. Manages program budget.
- In collaboration with SEAS Student Services and Advising, Career Development office, Office of Graduate Admissions, and the Innovation Center develops and executes programs to connect SEAS alumni and students for recruitment, mentoring, and other career-related purposes. Recruits, trains, manages, and stewards alumni volunteers to assist in the execution of alumni programs and the expansion of the SEAS global network.
- Creates and serves as the key member of the SEAS external relations working group. Participates in planning, coordinating and executing original communications products and publications related to special events and programs. Develops content for SEAS newsletter and magazine, and produces enhanced content relevant for an alumni audience.
- Develops and manages SEAS activities at GW Colonials Weekend and other GW-wide alumni programs. Serves as SEAS liaison to internal GW alumni committees. Serves as liaison to central DAR communications team in providing SEAS-specific messaging. Collaborates with other GW offices who work with SEAS alumni.
- Drafts talking and briefing points for dean and AVP as needed for public events and donor meetings. Preparation and/or printing of presentation media and materials for Board and Board meetings as needed.
- Keeps current on emerging trends and developments in communication, electronic media, community relations and public information, as well as university events, resources and promotional opportunities.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.