System Senior Administrator, UNIX
Organization Name Research Computing
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
System Senior Administrator (UNIX) is responsible for providing hardware, software, application and operating system support to faculty, staff and students on Research Computing (RC) supported resources.
The role holder undertakes system administration and support of Linux-based systems operated and or supported by RC. In particular, this will involve specialized High Performance Computing (HPC) platforms. Examples may include but are not limited to technical support, account creation, issue diagnosis and resolution, access rights, system monitoring, training, system configuration, software maintenance, network configuration, creation of user documentation, system testing and improvement.
- Work on incident resolution, request fulfillment, problem determination, problem resolution, system installation, system configuration, application support, and technology needs analysis.
- Participate in and or lead projects involving technology deployments to the University.
- Install and set up Windows and Linux servers as per requirement.
- Install research software on the central research computing platform
- Monitor health of systems proactively by event monitoring.
- Manage and plan Server capacity proactively.
- Manage backup and recovery for all servers.
- Monitor and tune performance of the servers.
- Manage virtual servers and provision virtual servers as per requirement.
- Provide support for Enterprise applications as required
- Apply OS security patches and make sure all the servers are up to date.
- Carry out maintenance of Licenses for Applications and Systems
- Manage Server Support activities and maintain documentation related to support activities carried out.
- Provide Level 2 technical support and service restoration for daily operations and projects.
- Conduct research on systems products, services, standards, and best practices for the purpose of remaining current on available technology and its use.
- Assist with system administration of HPC cluster and related systems.
- Coordinate with the HPC user community to establish service roadmap recommendations and service enhancements
- Installation of software and applications on servers and HPC systems as required.
- User account management
- Conduct and assist with end user training
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Proven experience as a Linux system administrator, preferably working with users in a research environment.
- Experience working as a system administrator on HPC systems.
- Demonstrable experience in the integration of Linux systems in a large, multi-user networked environment. Examples of specific skills may include remote file systems, network authentication, email, DNS, NTP, LDAP, Active Directory, virtual machines, system installation and maintenance, provisioning systems, job scheduling, system log analysis and hardware monitoring,
- Compilation techniques and usage methodologies of a range of scientific, technical, research focused and HPC applications.
- Demonstrable understanding of service issues in a multi-user, network environment e.g. risks of account compromise or privilege escalation, advice on safe permissions to users, good password practice.
- Proven experience providing technical support to a user base with a wide range of experience and skill levels.
- A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers. . All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)