Associate Director, Residential Education
Emory University Campus Life is seeking an Associate Director of Residential Education.
- This position supports the academic mission of Emory University, Emory Campus Life, and the Office of Residence Life (ORL) by leading and overseeing the facilitation of residential education initiatives in the residences halls.
- Serves as a senior leader in the Office of Residence Life and advocates for residential education and academic engagement efforts across campus.
- Works collaboratively with partners inside and outside of the ORL to ensure the success and learning of students in the residence halls. Manages/oversees/directs the development, implementation and assessment of the residential education initiatives in collaboration with the residence life staff.
- Assumes responsibility and leadership of all aspects of departmental residential education model, academic engagement initiatives, and assessment efforts.
- Supervises one or more Assistant Directors. Indirectly supervises Complex Directors.
- Provides leadership for the management of residential education model, academic initiatives, year experience programs, theme and living-learning communities.
- Works closely with the Assistant Director of Residential Education to ensure the achievement of departmental learning goals.
- Coordinates and leads departmental assessment efforts.
- This includes large-scale surveys and other assessment methods. Serves as assessment consultant for ORL staff on smaller scale or program specific assessment efforts.
- Supervises assessment collateral.
- Oversees faculty-in-residence and faculty engagement efforts in conjunction responsible with Assistant Directors and Complex Directors.
- Works to increase faculty engagement and academic initiatives in the residence halls.
- Builds partnerships and collaboration with stakeholders across campus including faculty, Campus Life Staff, the College and other academic units.
- Leads the curricular development, and administrative oversight of the Resident Advisor and SRA/CC Class. Chairs the RA Class Committee.
- Manages software tools related to residential education (eRezLife) in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Residential Education.
- Plans, tracks, and monitors Residential Education budget including programming, faculty engagement, and year experience funds.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging trends and issues in university residential environments as well as current research in college student development with particular focus on academic engagement. - Serves as member of ORL and Living @ Emory Senior Staff team; and may represent Sr. Director as assigned.
- Provides departmental leadership as needed to external offices and represents ORL Departmental, Divisional, and University committees as required.
- Actively participates and stays connected to professional development opportunities on and off-campus.
- This includes but is not limited to association involvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Residence Life.
- A master's degree (doctorate preferred) in student personnel, higher education administration, counseling or related field, and
- Five years of experience in a residential life or housing program is required.