Associate Professor/Professor, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Senior level academic D or E position
- Full-time, ongoing position, Hawthorn location
- Create future ready learners in entrepreneurship and innovation
About the job
Our Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship is looking for an Associate Professor/Professor, Entrepreneurship & Innovation to join them in a full-time ongoing position. In this senior academic role, you focus on providing outstanding and energetic leadership in research, teaching and other professional activities within the Faculty. Working with other senior staff, you will foster a culture of innovation and excellence and advance cross-disciplinary programs in Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Faculty and more broadly the University. In this role, you will maintain and develop partnerships with a wide range of industries and public institutions.
As our Associate Professor/Professor, you will also maintain a significant program of public and institutional engagement, working with other Swinburne researchers, to strengthen and amplify existing and acknowledged research strengths of the University, in accordance with its strategic plan. Accompanying your local and international partnerships and collaborations, you will be expected to maintain an internationally significant record of publications, and a nationally competitive record of research funding. A key part of this role, will see you teaching our students and mentoring early career researchers and in attracting and supervising relevant higher degree candidates.
The successful appointee may have the opportunity to assume the Faculty’s Academic Director role for the Swinburne Innovation Precinct.
Swinburne is a place where your work can impact the national economy and wellbeing of our society. We promote diversity, support career development, provide flexibility and offer competitive salary packages.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An earned PhD in Entrepreneurship and Innovation or a closely related field
- An outstanding national and international reputation as a leader with an internationally recognised track record of research in the discipline area as evidenced by an extensive range of publications in top-tier journals and by measurable high impact outcomes
- Demonstration of a significant track record in attracting and managing external research income through competitive grants and/or industry collaboration
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description – both the level D and E positions descriptions are attached.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn.
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. Theres news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
To view the position description or to start an application click on apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Mile Terziovski (Department Chair Business Technology and Entrepreneurship) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 3 June 2019