Lecturer in Earth Sciences
Department of Earth Sciences
Salary: £42,926 to £50,811 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Saturday 15 June 2019
Interview Date: See advert
Applications are invited for the post of Lecturer in the Department of Earth Sciences, Royal Holloway University of London, to commence no later than 1 September 2019.
Royal Holloway Earth Sciences is ranked in the top ten of UK geoscience departments for both research and student experience. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding geoscientist with PhD qualification who will contribute to research, teaching and administration in the Earth Sciences department.
The Department is inviting applicants with PhD qualification from a wide range of Earth Sciences subject areas, who will complement and strengthen our existing research portfolio and support our field-intensive degree programmes within the Earth Sciences Department.
The successful candidate will:
- deliver and develop high-quality and effective classroom, on-line and field-based teaching at undergraduate and MSc level.
- have a strong research record in Earth Sciences
- establish an externally-funded research programme with the aim of generating REF 4* research output, impactful research and contribute to our knowledge exchange activities.
The successful candidate will have evidence of successful teaching, and, ideally, evidence of successful grant applications.
This is a full-time and permanent post and the successful candidate should be in post on 1 September 2019 ready for teaching in the 2019/20 academic year.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including generous annual leave and training and development opportunities. The post is based in Egham, where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing
- Free parking
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Prof. Jürgen Adam (email@example.com) or telephone +44 (0)1784 443582.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the reference: 0419-169
Closing Date: Midnight, 15 June 2019
Interview Date: 15 July - 18 July 2019