Assistant Professor/Lecturer, Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline 31 May 2019
Start date 01.09.2019
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following positions:
Department of Corporate Economy:
- a part-time (24 hours a week) Assistant Professor to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Corporate Information Systems 1 and 2, Operations Management, Operations research and ERP,
- a part-time (30 hours a week) Assistant Professor to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Managerial accounting, Controlling,
- a part-time (16 hours a week) Assistant Professor to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Project management, International trade, International management,
- a full-time Assistant Professor to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Strategic Management, Corporate Strategic Management, Corporate Economics, Business Economics,
- a full-time Assistant Professor to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Introduction to Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems for Managers, IS/ICT management and governance, Corporate management systems, Business process management,
- a full-time Assistant Professor to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management, Personnel Management, Knowledge Management, Psychology for Economists, Phylosophy for Economists.
- a part-time (20 hours a week) Lecturer to teach key courses ensured by Department of Corporate Economy: Management, Project management, Corporate Management Systems, Interuniversity Student Competition MUNISS.
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Are you interested in research? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy;
- supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses.
What do we require?
- A completed Master’s degree in Business Economics and Management or in a related area;
- the ability to lecture in Czech and English;
- teaching experience (minimum 5 years);
- a research agenda relevant internationally, e.g.:
- active participation in international scientific conferences or in a specialized seminar held in English;
- cooperation with a multinational company or an institution;
- cooperation with experts from abroad;
- work experience abroad;
- an internationally recognized professional certificate.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development; and
- opportunities for an internship abroad;
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of teaching activity;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Corporate Economy (approximately 1 A4 page); and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 9. 2019 or by agreement.
Should you find the positions interesting, send your applications including the documents required for the selection procedure by 31. 5. 2019 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/46669 on Masaryk University website. Please specify in the application which position you are applying to.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.