Senior Storage/Virtualization Engineer, Computing Service
Sr. Storage & Virtualization Engineer, Computing Services-2012339
Are you passionate about building, maintaining and improving infrastructure services? Do you want to work with leading server, SAN storage, and virtualization software technology that supports over 2,000 virtual machines running on over 100 physical servers? Would you like to share our experiences by working closely with our vendor partners to improve their products and solutions? If so, let's talk about you joining our team as a Senior Virtualization and Storage Engineer.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- You will work with enterprise tools that support the university wide virtual machine, virtual desktop and, virtual application environments.
- You will use existing monitoring tools and develop new tools to maintain the overall health of the infrastructure.
- When problems arise, you will diagnose and identify the root cause of any failures including performance reductions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience managing a storage and virtualization infrastructure
- Experience administering Linux and/or Windows systems
- Experience administering Virtual Desktop and Application administration tools
- Scripting or programming experience, particularly automating administrative tasks
- Superb communication, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team to tackle problems and build innovative solutions
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience with project delivery; leading multi-functional teams or contributing as part of a team
- Experience with the use and operation of public cloud services
- Practical skills and expertise of computer networking and networking support services, especially with virtual and cloud environments
- Deep understanding of cyber security, including policy, compliance, and network security controls.
- In Computing Services, we enable and advance an Information Technology environment that supports the research and education missions and the associated administrative functions of the University.
- Carnegie Mellon University is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- We believe our benefits comprise of three driving priorities: Choice, Control, and Well-being. Learn more at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Come join an institution that inspires innovations that change the world.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Organization: STORAGE VIRTUALIZATION & ARCHITECTURE (COMP SVCS)
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Budgeted Base Pay: Negotiable