Post Doctoral Fellow in Industrial Systems and Engineering
Organization Name Industrial Systems and Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
Projects dealing with Supply Chain Analytics aim to develop efficient decision support tools and models to turn data into actionable insights that enables better supply chain decision making in areas such as collaboration, resource utilization, purchasing, demand forecast, and inventory planning. The Post-Doctoral fellow (PD) will provide high quality research support in the areas related to supply chain and logistics -modeling and analytics, optimization, data driven decision tools leading to high impact publications contributing to the academic and research mission of the research center. The PD will work on state of the art projects related to innovations in supply chain and logistics research projects that heavily use operations research techniques, information systems and analytics tools. The candidate is expected to have strong knowledge in optimization with sufficient skills in statistical analysis, simulation, and/or visualization
- Help research center affiliated faculty in preparing for patent filing, preparing presentations, and developing grant proposals from Industry.
- The PD will be involved in research center activities, conference/workshop organization, arrange for meetings, compiling, organizing, summarizing and/or presenting requested information; and conducting any other explorations, investigations, and studies relevant to furthering the research project or center activities.
- The PD will report the progress to the supervisor and project team periodically; extend assistance to perform extensive literature search, document research reports and results for dissemination including journal and conference publications, patent applications.
- The PD will assist faculty in supervising and mentor ship of MSc and PhD students working on center related projects and activities.
- The ideal candidate should hold a Ph.D. in Industrial &Systems Engineering, Operations Management, Operations Research or a relevant discipline and possess excellent research record
- The candidate must have strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with industry, give presentations, and lead meetings in English.
- Extensive knowledge of various optimization software, data modeling tools and programming skills.
- Evidence of strong journal publications
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).