Assistant Professor in Early Childhood Education
Position Title: ECE02 - Assistant Professor in Early Childhood Education
Department: Liberal Arts
The Community College of Qatar, in collaboration with Houston Community College, opened its doors in September 2010 with an enrollment of 308 full-time students at the West Bay Campus. Today, CCQ is the fastest growing institution in Qatar with an enrollment of 5000 students at five different campuses.
The college offers a number of associate and bachelor degree programs that meet the needs of the labor force in Qatar, for example two-year Associate of Arts/Applied Arts, and Associate of Science/Applied Science degree programs for students wishing to transfer to four-year universities, as well as 2+2-year associate and bachelor's degree programs.
CCQ also offers short-term continuing education and marketable skills certificates for those who wish to develop their knowledge and skills. CCQ has partnered with a number of local and international universities in order to provide students with the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree without losing the validation for any of their coursework.
The role of an Early Childhood Education instructor mainly involves teaching undergraduate courses related to the discipline, as well as academic advising, professional development, and institutional/community service.
In particular, the applicant is expected to:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline;
- Develop syllabi for relevant courses;
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student textbooks and learning materials;
- Develop, and use a variety of teaching materials that assist students in meeting course objectives;
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods;
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives;
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines;
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs;
- Hold regular office hours;
- Participate in department and college-wide professional development activities and committees;
- Other duties, as assigned by the direct supervisor.
The applicant must have a PhD degree in Early Childhood Education/Child development or related field from an internationally recognized university.
Experience and skills:
- 3 years of college/university level teaching (work experience in GCC is preferred but not mandatory);
- Expertise and experience in interdisciplinary curriculum design;
- Ability to design and facilitate collaborative group processes, and to lead change processes;
- Commitment to improving student success;
- Ability to understand and align with the College mission and administrative practices;
- Maintaining professional ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Advanced IT skills, ability to use instructional technology.
- Education allowance: up to 3 children (from grade 1 until 18 years old);
- Airplane ticket allowance: for faculty and family members (spouse and 3 children up to 18 years of age) upon first arrival (for overseas staff), at final departure (overseas and local destination), and during summer leave;
- Shipment allowance: upon first arrival (for overseas staff) and at final departure (overseas and local destination);
- Annual basic salary increment: applicable depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation;
- Medical insurance: renewed yearly upon higher management's approval.
How to apply:
Please apply using the Careers portal of CCQ’s website: https://www.ccq.edu.qa/English/Careers/Pages/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=122
You are required to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter;
- Letter of Interest (which describes your approach to teaching, learning, service and leadership);
- Contact information of three referees;
- Copy of highest earned degree certificate and transcript.