Assistant Professor in Surgery
Closing Date 24-May-2019
The primary role of the incumbent is to teach, research/publish, consult, and provide general administration support to teaching within the section the staff is appointed, Conducts seminars, workshops and visits to appropriate organizations to enhance the delivery of the program. The role of the Assistant Professor will involve planning and teaching programmes of study, assist in programme curricular development, assessing Student progress and provide advice and guidance to your Students, acting as a mentor where necessary to department staff members. Other duties may include assisting with the enrollment of Students and the preparation of their personal study programmes amongst others. The incumbent will also be required to undertake clinical duties in surgery with the Fiji MOHMS as per MOU.
- Specialist /Clinician: Masters with specialist registration and more than 5 years’ clinical experience post-registration
- Ability to take on administrative duties
- Display academic leadership in teaching and/or in research specialty
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification
- Prior teaching experience
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journals
- Specialist /Clinician: Masters or Fellowship in surgery allocated by relevant professional surgical College (e.g. Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, etc.);
- Eligible for specialist registration with the Fiji Medical Council;
- 5 or more years of post-registration clinical and teaching experience.
- Experience in supervising Masters level students and evidence of research capacity and publication.
- Clear evidence of good teaching performance.
- Additional medical education OR teaching qualification
- Capacity to co-ordinate and/or lead other staff
- Show significant academic leadership and be involved in senior university.
Salary An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
College/Division College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
Department School of Medical Sciences
Location Suva – Hoodless House
Num x 1