Finance and Technology
The Procurement Specialist will work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Manager, taking responsibility for ethical, client focused strategic sourcing and procurement across the University, delivering high-end procurement services, including but not limited to information technology, construction, sciences, infrastructure and general goods and services. You will be instrumental in driving the life cycle of the procurement process from market analysis, strategic sourcing, tender management, contract negotiations, contract management, and valued solutions across our three campuses in Auckland, Wellington and Palmerston North. The Finance and Technology team, which you will be part of, is critical to the future direction of Massey. This role is your opportunity to play a part in the team shaping this direction, while enjoying a new level of success in your career.
You will need:
- ideally a minimum of four years managing and providing procurement services and advice for significant procurement contracts in a large and/ or complex organisation, and experience working within a matrix environment
- proven business writing skills, with the ability to present rigorous business cases to a wide range of specific audiences
- demonstrated relationship management skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships across a wide range of interaction points
- a proven track record in delivering strategic, value added solutions and business improvement across multiple disciplines and industries.
Why Massey University?
Massey University is an innovative leader in the academic realm - an institution that has played a defining role in New Zealand's development as a nation. We are "shaping the nation", and to achieve this vision, we are embarking on a drive to further build and strengthen our internal capacity.Massey staff have the opportunity to make a difference in the world, and we recognise the importance of being a Te Tiriti led organisation.
Take a closer look at us … http://www.massey.ac.nz/
What is on offer?
This is a full-time position based in Palmerston North, the centre of the Manawatu, offering a wonderful, affordable lifestyle and excellent educational opportunities for all ages, from pre-school to tertiary.
In Palmerston North you will enjoy:
- easy access to Central and Lower North Island, including Wellington
- minimal commute times
- excellent telecommunications and data infrastructure
- a family-friendly lifestyle in a region packed with activities.
https://www.manawatunz.co.nz/In addition to a base salary, Massey also offers up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme, five university holidays per year; free eye test and staff study for eligible employees, discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities as well as a comprehensive professional development and training programme.
Massey University is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity in the workplace. While applications will only be accepted from candidates who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand, we encourage applications from anyone with the right skills and experience, particularly candidates of Maori or Pacific ethnicity and/ or candidates who identify with the Rainbow community. If you have what it takes and are ready to be an influential contributor in the procurement/sourcing direction of the University, we want to hear from you.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Staff Recruitment Advisor, Nicki Robinson, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (04) 979 3273. Otherwise, please apply now with a current CV and a cover letter.
Closing date: 11.30pm NZT Sunday, 19 May 2019
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz