Construction Management Teacher
Experience the Chinese culture and lifestyle while working in a friendly and rewarding teaching position! Waikato Institute of Technology ('Wintec') is one of New Zealand's leading institutes of technology, which helps to drive the development of a skilled workforce not only in New Zealand but also around the world.
We are now looking for an experienced Construction Management Teacher to teach for Wintec in Guizhou, China. We have a fixed-term position for one academic year, teaching in the classroom up to approximately 18 hours per week, starting in September 2019!
We welcome teachers who are positive, resilient, passionate about helping students and comfortable with ongoing changes. It is also expected that our teachers are able to engage with less motivated students and develop good working relationships with other teachers, administration and management staff.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management
- have ideally a minimum two years' Construction Management teaching experience at a tertiary level
- preferably, have some recent industry experience in construction management field
- previous experience working with young Chinese adult learners with low-level English skills
- experience working internationally ideal but not mandatory.
What we will offer:
- Competitive remuneration, which includes paid breaks, full international travel insurance, free accommodation, flights between China and country of residence for every year worked etc.
- Work visa sponsorship
- An enriching and challenging teaching experience and an supportive work atmosphere
If this sounds like something that you want to do, please apply online now.
Applications close Saturday, 18 May 2019.