Professor/Associate Professor, Head of School of Nursing
School of Nursing
Auckland, Wellington or Palmerston North
The Professor/Associate Professor - Head of School of Nursing, will work closely with the Pro Vice Chancellor, Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor and College Business Manager taking responsibility for leadership and management of one of the most prestigious and well-respected Schools of Nursing in Aotearoa - New Zealand. It's a multi-faceted challenge that will see you use your highly developed influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders. You'll manage a high performing team of 51 Academic and Professional Staff, providing them with ongoing performance development and coaching. You will report directly to the PVC.
The School of Nursing, which you will lead, is critical to the future direction of Massey. This role is your opportunity to play a part in the team shaping this direction, while enjoying a new level of success in your career.
You will need the following:
- Ideally five plus years post qualification experience in Nursing leadership and management
- A current New Zealand Nursing Council registration as a Nurse, or the ability to achieve this
- A PhD or professional doctorate
- Working knowledge of New Zealand Nursing Council accreditation standards would be a real bonus, as would an education qualification
- Leadership - proven effective, positive management of medium sized teams
- Engagement - Excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage inter-disciplinary teams and foster connections necessary to support processes
- Demonstrated ability to form excellent relationships with external clinical partners
- A strategic mindset with proven ability in leading projects and initiatives
Why Massey University?
Massey University is an innovative leader in the academic realm - an institution that has played a defining role in New Zealand's development as a nation. We are 'shaping the nation' and to achieve this vision, we are embarking on a drive to further build and strengthen our internal capacity. Massey staff have the opportunity to make a difference in the world, and we recognise the importance of being a Te Tiriti led organisation.
Take a closer look at us - http://www.massey.ac.nz/
What's on offer?
This is a full-time position based in on any of our three campuses in Auckland, Palmerston North or Wellington.
In addition to a base salary, Massey also offers up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme, five university holidays per year; a free eye test and staff study for eligible employees, discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities as well as a comprehensive professional development and training programme.
Massey University is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity in the workplace. While applications will only be accepted from candidates who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand, we encourage applications from anyone with the right skills and experience, particularly candidates of Maori or Pacific ethnicity and/ or candidates who identify with the Rainbow community. If you have what it takes and are ready to be an influential contributor in the financial direction of the University, we want to hear from you.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Staff Recruitment Advisor, Nicki Robinson, email email@example.com or phone +64 4 979 3273.
Closing date: 19 May 2019
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz