Allied Health Senior Supervisor
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is currently seeking an Allied Health Supervisor for the Cardiac Cath Lab Technologists to work in its busy Cardiac Procedures Unit Cardiac Catherization Laboratory. In addition this position will perform duties consistent with a Cardiac Catherization Technologist. This position is located at the Cardiovascular Center, Cardiac Procedures Unit, CVC Floor 2A.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Plans, directs, and organizes the technical operational activities of the Adult Cardiac Cath Lab, including allocation of resources. Supervises the technical staff in the Cath Lab. Develops and implements unit objectives, policies, procedures and programs in collaboration with the Nursing and Physician Staff in the Department. Develops, revises, and assures implementation of policies, procedures and methods. Performs analysis and interprets special studies on operations, costs, or technical staffing requirements. Engages in process improvement and patient satisfaction. Participates in the preparation of budget plans, financial reports, special reports, and construction projects. Handles all equipment/lab purchasing and replacements for Cath/Hybrid. Maintains quality assurance. Conducts research in clinical area of expertise. Management duties include interviewing, selecting, and training of employees: setting and adjusting their rates of pay and hours of work; handling their concerns and disciplining them when necessary. Management responsibilities include the authority to hire, fire, or promote assigned employees or make recommendations that are given particular weight. Review staff bi-weekly payroll. Employees may spend time performing many of the same duties as subordinate employees. Under FLSA, incumbents in this position meet the criteria for exempt status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Health Care Related field or completion within 12 months of taking the position.
- RCIS or RCES • 3-5 years of Cath lab experience required.
- BLS and ACLS required
- Excellent organizational skills in setting priorities and balancing multiple priorities and demonstrated follow through bringing tasks to closure with acceptable outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on customer service especially in working with departments and services across multiple areas.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment. Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing work place culture, embracing diversity and a commitment to creating an inclusive, ideal work environment for faculty and staff.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate and effectively lead a change management process.
Days – 5 8-hour shifts, M-F, Supervisory On Call required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.