Administrative Coordinator, School of Dental Medicine, General Dentistry
The Administrative Coordinator will provide advanced administrative support to Department of General Dentistry. The incumbent will act as primary liaison between the Program Directors, faculty, and students, making sure all questions and concerns are addressed by the faculty. The Department is a vibrant, busy unit and the incumbent must work well under time constraints, exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in the day to day running of an extremely busy environment.
- Organize meetings for “Lunch and Learn" and other faculty calibration meetings, liaise with the person holding the meeting and the speaker. Secure meeting rooms, and any supplies needed for the meeting, maintain invitation and rsvp lists. Order food for the event.
- Must be familiar with student competency requirements in the different clinical programs covered by General Dentistry
- Must demonstrate fluency in the essential conventions of business writing, including memos, meeting minutes, and e-mails
- Must demonstrate ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and be able to critically think through problems and present potential solutions
- Ability to work across teams with a variety of projects and constituencies
- Must be able to work independently on confidential assignments
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; multi-tasking skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ability to be flexible and adaptable to rapid changes in the daily work environment.
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Proficiency in computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Salary Grade Grade 26