Laboratory Research Analyst, Medicine Infectious Diseases
This position is in support of the Duke One Health Network which is comprised of 30 researchers,conducting 30 research and training projects in 11 countries. We study infectious diseases, often at the human-animal-environment interface. See the Duke One Health website for more details.The research analyst would coordinate research studies, prepare manuscripts and grant reports,conduct epidemiological and biostatistical analyses, draft research occasionally travel internationally, and other administration activities for the Duke OneHealth Team and affiliated network. May supervise visiting scholars, Duke Work Study students and guide graduate students.
- Coordinate research studies and training projects (25%)
- Prepare manuscripts, grant reports, and scientific presentations (25%).
- Conduct epidemiological and biostatistical analyses of various sets of research team data. Assist graduate students and staff with such research analyses (15%).
- Draft research grant proposals (10%)
- Occasionally, travel internationally in support of research projects and training (10%)
- Periodically present research data to trainees and other professionals at Duke (10%),
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein(5%).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to bean exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Knowledge of research methodology and corresponding software in conducting advanced epidemiological and biostatistical analysis.
- Ability to interpret and synthesize complex data sets
- Coursework in infectious diseases desired
- Experience working across cultures desired
- Experience in virology a plus
- Ability to provide guidance to graduate students, trainees, and junior team members,including setting standards and monitoring performance.
- Skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems
- Strong inter-personal skills
- A team player in the work environment.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 11
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.
Work requires two years of research experience. A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE